This is a short post for today, but I want to share my experience of wedding planning so far.
Being more aware of my stress levels, and how pressure affects my health I was (kind of) dreading planning. You never know when a Crohn’s flare is going to hit. The thought of having to firstly pick the perfect suppliers, to then having to deal with the details and to think about keeping so many people updated (dealing with other opinions too) filled me with fear. It is supposed to be a joyful time so I have just gotten on with it! So far so good. So let’s get into this post.
In an ideal world I think bride to be’s would love to afford the luxury of a wedding planner. Someone to deal with suppliers, someone to run the day and someone who can take full responsibility of being the main point of contact – ultimately someone to take every little bit of stress away from you.
But for me, I just cannot afford that luxury. I’m a little bit of a control freak over details anyway and I don’t think I would be able to allow myself to put so much trust into someone else – especially for one of the biggest days of my life. So, I am my own planner.
I tried to go all eco-friendly, and tried to stick to Pinterest boards, online spreadsheets and online planners. But that, honestly, is no fun. I love the ability to cut and paste mood boards, getting bridal magazines and searching through physical copies for inspiration. Then, one day scrolling through Amazon I found my marble wedding planner by YourPerfectDay. Without a second thought, I clicked and purchased it.
What is so special about this planner?
- It has a white marble cover (immediately sold – it is so pretty)
- There are storage pockets for leaflets and important documents
- It has dedicated space for mood boards (my chance to buy more bridal magazines, oops)
- It has interactive to do lists (I am able to tick things off as we book)
- There is a countdown and provides a reminder of when to do/book supplies
- There is help with guest planning and ideas for seating arrangements
- Supplier sections – space to note names and numbers for all suppliers
- Space to reflect and write about the wedding day itself
In all it makes the perfect wedding keepsake. This is something I will look back on in years to come.
I am so excited to share more of this journey as the year unfolds.